Dear Valued Clients,
We at St. Lawrence Valley Animal Hospital and the Cat Clinic of Cornwall are committed to the health and wellbeing of our patients and clients as well as our staff and veterinarians. In response to the evolving CoVID-19 crisis we are implementing various new safety protocols to combat the spread of this virus.
Due to the implementation of new, strict health protocols we are encouraging staff and veterinarians who are feeling unwell, or who have been in contact with anyone who is self-isolating, to self-isolate. As a result, we are experiencing a temporary shortage of staff and are forced to limit our hours of operation. The Cat Clinic of Cornwall will remain closed until further notice. New office hours at St. Lawrence Valley Animal Hospital will be 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. We will temporarily be closed to the public Saturdays and Sundays.
We are also introducing measures to allow for social distancing. These measures are all temporary and include:• We are not seeing new clients with the exception of those referred from other veterinary offices;
• We will no longer be seeing walk-in patients;
• All patients must have pre-booked appointments;
• We are cancelling all non-emergent appointments and procedures;
• We are unable to treat patients of owners who have tested positive for CoVID-19;
• We will be asking clients to remain in their vehicles upon arrival at the clinic and to phone the front desk:
• A veterinarian or technician will take all patient information and medical history over the phone. A technician or veterinarian will also pick up your pet from your car and take the animal into the hospital for evaluation and treatment. Payment can be made over the phone by credit card or through email transfer to: [email protected] Please avoid paying by cash, if possible.
• If you are picking up food or medication, we ask that you call in advance, so we can ensure your order is prepared prior to your arrival. Your order will then be delivered to your car when you arrive. Again, we ask that you phone the front desk upon your arrival. Please prepay any drug or food orders when you call our office. Due to increased demand, reduced staffing and fewer deliveries, please provide us with one week’s notice when ordering food or medication.
• We are asking our clients to restrict any orders they wish to purchase to a two-month supply to avoid shortages.
Currently there is no evidence of animal to human transmission. However, we are advising our clients to observe strict hygiene practices when interacting with non-family animals. Animals may potentially carry the virus on their coat if they’ve been exposed to it. These are uncertain times and in order to provide continuous service to our patients we feel it best to implement these extraordinary measures as quickly as possible. We will do our best to provide you with updated information as it evolves.
We are currently developing telecommunication capability so that we can continue to treat our patients in the event of a full quarantine. At this time the provincial government does not consider us an essential service.
We hope you will be patient and understand the need for such measures and we at St. Lawrence Valley Animal Hospital apologize for any inconveniences you may face as a result of these temporary new measures.
We are approaching the situation with all possible precautions to ensure the safety of our staff and clients and encourage you to do the same as you go about your daily lives. From all of us at the SLVAH we thank you for your cooperation.
Stay safe and healthy,
Internet resources that may be of interest: